Picis reported success across all product lines in its clinical information systems portfolio for the emergency department (ED), intensive care unit (ICU) and operating room (OR). The number of customers using Picis LYNX™ revenue management solutions doubled in 2009 as compared to 2008 with strong momentum from hospitals adding or integrating these tools to help preserve revenue and avoid leakage for reimbursable services at the point-of-care. New customer highlights in 2009:
- Texas Health Resources (THR) - THR, one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States, selected Picis LYNX E/Point® and the new Epic-to-E/Point connection. This leverages the E/Point ED revenue management solution with information entered in Epic software to promote overall consistency and compliance of facility charge capture.
- Shands Healthcare - Shands Healthcare, a private, multifacility health system affiliated with the University of Florida, selected LYNX E/Point to help five facilities accurately capture procedure charges and calculate facility visit levels automatically as part of their clinical documentation processes of an estimated 227,000 ED visits annually.
- The Veterans Health Administration - Fifteen new VA hospitals in the New York/New Jersey, Ohio and Wisconsin/Illinois regions selected Picis anesthesia, recovery room and intensive care solutions to integrate with the Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) enterprise.
- Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) - CHI is a national nonprofit healthcare organization headquartered in Denver, CO that operates in 19 states and includes 75 hospitals. CHI selected E/Point for 11 facilities throughout Nebraska, Kentucky and North Dakota to automate the revenue management of nearly 292,000 annual ED visits.
- Catholic Health System - Catholic Health System of Buffalo, recently named one of the nation's top 100 integrated health networks, provides healthcare to Western New York. A new Picis customer, Catholic Health System has contracted to implement Picis OR Manager, Quality Manager, SmarTrack®, Extelligence® OR and Picis Perioperative Dashboard in four hospitals and one ambulatory surgery center.
- Kuala Terengganu Hospital - This state-of-the-art hospital located in Malaysia selected Picis Anesthesia Manager, PACU Manager, Critical Care Manager and eView for Critical Care Manager™. Picis has a longstanding client base in Asia, and Kuala Terengganu Hospital selected the Picis solutions based on the successful installation at Hospital Putrajaya, a 272-bed hospital also in Malaysia.
Key customers extending their footprint of Picis products:
- Sutter Health - Sutter Health, a large IDN in Northern California and existing customer using Picis CareSuite perioperative information systems and Picis ED PulseCheck®, recently added LYNX E/Point revenue management solutions for improved compliance and standardization among its 23 hospitals and over 788,000 annual ED visits.
- Mayo Clinic - One of the world's best known healthcare institutions, the Mayo Clinic currently has 14,000 employees using Picis critical care, anesthesia and post anesthesia care unit solutions. Adding to this Picis footprint, Mayo Clinic recently selected Picis ED PulseCheck, Insight ED™ decision support capability, and LYNX E/Point revenue management solutions for the ED.
- Virtua - The largest IDN in Southern New Jersey, Virtua recently added Picis perioperative and anesthesia solutions to integrate with Siemens Medical Solutions USA Soarian® information system in its nine facilities, including four acute care hospitals and five ambulatory surgery clinics. Virtua is an existing customer of ED PulseCheck.
- UMass Memorial Health Care - This Massachusetts-based health system, which uses Picis ED PulseCheck, recently added Picis solutions to the operating room, anesthesia, and PACU, as well as Picis' Extelligence analytical tools. These solutions are designed to integrate with Siemens Soarian at the enterprise.
- National Health System (NHS) - BT, one of the world's leading providers of communications solutions and services, operating in more than 140 countries, recently renewed a three-year contract with Picis to provide England's NHS and several London trusts with Picis operating room management system, Picis Theatre Manager™. Since the original contract with BT in 2006, Theatre Manager has been successfully deployed at a number of sites throughout the United Kingdom to meet the exacting needs and quality requirements of England's NHS in its expansive program to computerize all its hospitals.
"Our sales momentum in 2009 shows the increased desire by hospitals to implement specialized functionality in the high-acuity care areas with proven integration to their existing hospital information systems," said Todd Cozzens, CEO of Picis. "We are proud that so many diverse and prestigious health systems continue to turn to Picis solutions as they seek to improve performance in their most cost and resource-intensive care areas. We hope to see this momentum continuing in 2010, as hospital business pressures continue, and ARRA HITECH funding begins to flow."
Picis solutions help hospitals improve operations and increase patient satisfaction in the ED, perioperative areas and ICU. These comprehensive and user-friendly solutions are designed to meet the clinical documentation and financial needs of these uniquely demanding environments, while supporting the ARRA HITECH "meaningful use" requirements, RAC audits and capacity management issues that are top of mind for most hospital administrators. For more information on Picis, please visit http://www.picis.com/solutions or join a discussion on healthcare-exchange.com, Picis' new corporate blog.
Picis is a global provider of innovative information solutions that enable rapid and sustained delivery of clinical, financial and operational results in the acute care areas of the hospital. These high-acuity areas include the emergency department, operating and recovery rooms, and intensive care units. Picis offers the most advanced suite of integrated products focused on these life-critical areas of the hospital where the patients are the most vulnerable, the care process is the most complex and an increasing majority of hospital costs and potential revenue are concentrated. Headquartered in Wakefield, Massachusetts with European operations in Barcelona and London, Picis has licensed systems for use in more than 1,800 hospitals in 19 countries. More information is available at www.picis.com.