Carestream Health's DRX solutions include the CARESTREAM DRX-1 System, CARESTREAM DRX-Mobile Retrofit kit and CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution suite. The original DRX-1 detector is now complemented by a second detector, the cesium iodide-based CARESTREAM DRX-1C, that offers exceptional image quality and improved DQE (detective quantum efficiency).
U.S. healthcare providers that recently ordered the company’s digital imaging systems include:
- Blessing Hospital (Quincy, Ill.) ordered three DRX-Evolution suites, two mobile DRX-Mobile retrofit kits, and one DRX-1 system
- Elkhart General Hospital (Elkhart, Ind.) ordered a DRX-Mobile Retrofit kit from AXS, an authorized distributor
- Palm Bay Community Hospital (Palm Bay, Fla.) purchased a DRX-1 system
Samaritan Hospital (Moses Lake, Wash.) ordered a DRX-Mobile Retrofit kit through authorized dealer CMX
- Shannon Medical Center (San Angelo, Texas) purchased a DRX-1 system
St. John's Episcopal Hospital (Far Rockaway, N.Y.) ordered a DRX-1 system and a DRX-Mobile Retrofit kit
- Viera Hospital (Viera, Fla.) purchased three DRX-Mobile Retrofit kits and a DIRECTVIEW Max CR system
- West Virginia University Hospitals (Morgantown, W.Va.) purchased six DRX-1 systems and two DRX-Mobile Retrofit kits; and
- Wheeling Hospital, Inc., (Wheeling, W.Va.) ordered a DRX-Evolution suite.
The DRX-1 system features a cassette-size DR detector that fits into an existing table or wall stand Bucky and communicates images over a wireless network connection. It enables cost-effective conversion from film or CR imaging systems without replacing x-ray systems or renovating exam rooms.
The DRX-Evolution system helps improve both productivity and patient care by matching the positioning flexibility of the DRX-1 detector with a fully automated x-ray suite. Images are transmitted over a wireless network and appear on the console in seconds.
The CARESTREAM DRX-Mobile Retrofit Kit allows healthcare providers to upgrade selected GE, Siemens and Shimadzu mobile x-ray systems to cassette-size wireless DR technology that can help increase on-site productivity and deliver immediate access to images. This can improve patient care, especially for critically ill patients in emergency rooms, operating rooms and the ICU.
About Carestream Health
Carestream Health is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and healthcare IT solutions; molecular imaging systems for life science research and drug discovery/development; x-ray film and digital x-ray systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets.