New capabilities for the DRX-Evolution focus on dose management and image quality enhancements:
- Image processing techniques optimized for paediatric views can suppress noise and enhance detail based on patient age and weight. Age/weight categories are consistent with current FDA guidelines on paediatric imaging.
- Linear tomography* aids in viewing anatomy obscured by overlying organs and tissues.
- Asymmetric collimation helps limit patient exposure during an exam, and vendor-neutral IEC exposure index values allow technologists to see if they are within an acceptable exposure range.
- Pneumothorax Visualisation Software creates a companion image (from the original exposure) that accentuates the appearance of free air in the chest cavity to aid in visualisation of a collapsed lung.
- Chest imaging software outlines areas in the image to alert a technologist if a retake might be needed due to incorrect positioning.
The DRX family of imaging systems includes: DRX-Revolution Mobile X-ray System, CARESTREAM DRX-1 System, CARESTREAM DRX-Mobile Retrofit Kit, CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution, CARESTREAM DRX-Transportable System; and CARESTREAM DRX-Ascend System.
The exceptional flexibility and image quality offered by the DRX family of digital X-ray systems makes these solutions an ideal fit for general radiography exams including orthopaedic, trauma and paediatric as well as other specialty care environments.
Related news articles:
- Carestream Health's Profile
About Carestream Health
Carestream Health is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and healthcare IT solutions; molecular imaging systems for life science research and drug discovery/development; X-ray film and digital X-ray systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets.
*Not commercially available in the U.S.